Make us your home page!  Add us to your bookmarks  Refer To Friend  [ beta v 1.3]
Home Music Photos Videos Games News & Gossips Reviews Computers Wallpapers
Site Channels
News & Gossips
Flash Games
Movie Stills
Live Tv
Urdu Poetry
Tips & Tricks
Site Tools
About Us
Contact Us
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Promote Us
Bookmark Us
Set as Homepage


  Tips Home >> Travelling Tips >> Documentation


What type of I.D. will I need to get on the ship?
Your ticket packet information will give you specific instructions, but most Cruise Lines will require at least a state issued picture I.D., even if your cruise will stay in U.S. territorial waters. If your ship is going to another country, you’ll probably need to bring a passport or a birth certificate with a raised seal and a governmentally issued I.D. such as a driver’s license.
Will I need a passport?
It depends on where you are going. Foreign travel often requires a passport. However, you may be able to enter some countries with just a notarized birth certificate with a raised seal and your driver’s license. Although, some countries may not require much to enter, you’ll still need proof of citizenship when you re-enter the United States.
You’ll need to find out if any of the foreign travel you are planning will require a passport or visa.
You should be able to find specific instructions on what type of paperwork you’ll need in your cruise packet information.
The passenger is completely responsible for all travel documents.
If you don’t have a passport, apply for one at least 3 months before travel.
If you already have a passport, make sure it will still be valid for your entire trip.
If your passport will be within six months of expiration while you’re traveling, you may want to get a new passport since some countries now require that your passport must be valid six months after your return to the U.S.
Where can I get a passport?
You can get one at a State Department Passport Agency, a clerk of any Federal or State Court of record, designated municipal or county official or a designated U.S. Post Office.
Where can I find online passport information?
The U.S. State Department’s Passport Services web page. This site contains information on how to get a U.S. passport.
What will I need to get my passport?
You may need to appear in person. If you are a first time applicant, you’ll need to appear in person at one of the official locations listed above. You will also need to appear in person if it has been more than 12 years since your last passport was issued or you were under 16 years of age when your last passport was issued. Applicants under 13 are not always required to appear in person since a parent or guardian may execute the application on the child’s behalf.
You will need one of the following to provide proof of U.S. citizenship.
A certified copy of your birth certificate with a U.S. State or county embossed seal. Hospital certificates are NOT accepted. OR
Your naturalization/Citizenship certificate. OR
Your previously issued and expired passport. If your name has changed from the one listed on your previous passport, you must submit the sealed legal document showing the name change. (Marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.)
Two identical recently taken 2x2inch front view facial, from the bottom of your chin to top of head, photographs. No hats or dark glasses can be worn in the photographs. Have them taken at a passport shop since snapshots and machine photos are not acceptable. You may also want to get several extra copies of the photograph since they can also be used for international driver's permits and other documents. Traveling with extra photographs will also make it easier to replace your passport, if your is lost.
A Driver’s license or Military I.D. issued over six months ago. State I.D. cards are only acceptable with several other forms of I.D. Temporary or altered documents are NOT accepted. Parent’s I.D. will be used for that of a minor child.
A completed official passport application form.
You’ll also have to pay a passport fee that will be listed on your application form.
What is a visa?
A visa is an endorsement on your passport that will allow entry into the country you’ll be visiting. It states that your passport has been inspected and that everything is valid. It will usually give permission for you to visit a country for a specific time period and purpose.
Will I need a visa?
Many countries you’ll be visiting on a cruise do not require a visa. You’ll want to ask your travel consultant in advance and consult your cruise packet just to make sure you’ll have the papers you’ll need. Visas often take several weeks to process. All travel documents are the responsibility of the passenger.
How can I find out if I will need a passport or visa for my trip?
The U.S. State Department, Bureau of Consular Affairs’ Foreign Entry Requirements web page. This site lists the entry requirements of foreign countries. It also includes the addresses and telephone numbers of foreign embassies and consulates in the United States. This web site is a good starting point, but since the information presented is subject to change, you should also check directly with the embassy or consulate of the country you a planning to visit.
Embassy Links
This page contains links to many foreign countries’ Embassies and Consulate Offices located in the United States. Each Embassy’s web site is different, but they all contain contact information and other helpful information for anyone planning on visiting their country.
The U.S. State Department’s Foreign Consular Offices web page. This site contains an updated listing of contact information for foreign countries’ consular offices in the United States.


  Searched Keywords : travelling tips, trvelling, tips, cruise line tips, cruise line, cruise tips, united, states, contains, updated, countris, information, foreign, embassies, consulate


About Us   |   Contact us  |  Promote Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  DMCA Policy   |   Bookmark Us   |   Set As Homepage   |   Sitemap , HTML , URL List

eXTReMe Tracker
Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved.